Friday, October 21, 2005

OOPS, they rejected my paper ...

Sadly the OOPS (object oriented programming languages and systems) rejected my "Simple F-Logic Data Objects" paper. That's actually the first time this has happened to me .. and some reviews where actually quite positive (I'm especially grateful to the reviewer that gave me 8 out of 10 for style and clarity - guess he/she can't speak english either :-)) I'm not sure if I'll find the time to enhance it and to send it to another conference, so I'll post the paper here.

Abstract:

We present SFDO - Simple F-logic data objects - a lightweight Java middleware that allows to put Java objects into a F-logic knowledge bases and reconstitute the Java objects from the data in the knowledge base. Unlike in object-relational mapping frameworks the data that is used to create Java objects may not be explicitly contained in the data store but may be the result of complex inference processes.

It may interest some that most reviewers agreed that OO - Logic Programmming integration is a very interesting topic. On the other hand most reviewers - quite rightly - agreed that this paper is too shallow .. (nevertheless the framework works quite nicely)

And I changed the template for this blog, you can find now find all my publications to the right.