Wednesday, January 11, 2006

The Interesting Link

For some reason almost all my links from last week are related to games: Lego Mindstorm robots are back and your own virtual reality room is yours for only $3000. In case you didn't read the emails from the Semantic Web Mailing List - Sodoku in OWL. And finally - I love the "Entertaible" a display-table trying to replace all board games! (I really think there is great prospect in technologies trying to bring computer gaming "into the living room" (and into the gym)). I wonder if they plan to combine it with this technology[german] - then game pieces could actually be shown in 3D (without goggles and anything).

Not game related, the guardian about text mining and The translator blues - will I get replaced by a machine?. And a funny Time article Help! I've Lost My Focus (what email, phone and blackberry do to your efficiency at work.)

The Political Link: The unsustainable fishing practices of fishers almost all around the world are really one of the worst environmental disasters of our time. If you want to learn more about it (and about the simple methods that would make everyone better of), read this book.

Last weeks interesting link