Monday, November 21, 2005

More Google Stuff ...

Cringely's Google Mart about the future of google is a must read.

And Google now has a free web statistics tool. I subscribed on the first day, but they have been swamped with registrations and have been unabled to keep up with demand - so I'm still waiting for my first report. I liked the advanced features of the Analytics tool (like the possibility to exclude vistors from my office's domain) but I'm not yet sure if I'll leave sitemeter for good. The fact that visitors to this site show up my sitemeter stats immediately is one feature that I like and that seems to be missing in Google's service. I also got the impression that Google Analytics can only detect vistors that have JavaScript enabled (unlike sitemeter: they have more information for people that have JS enabled, but at least include the others).